- First-year students are admitted directly to the School of Business, enabling them to determine their level of interest and aptitude for business study upon entry.
- Our 1100 students are the focus of our 36 faculty.
- We offer four undergraduate degrees, with several specializations and academic minors. For more information, visit Business Degree Programs.
- Non-business majors can benefit from taking courses in the School of Business, acquiring skills in management, finance, and other areas that will make them both more employable and more successful in their fields.
- The School’s state-of-the-art facility includes the Financial Learning Center, 12 multimedia classrooms, two seminar rooms, a student lounge that can convert to a lecture space, three computer labs, and an office for student organizations.
- Narrative about resources for business students
- Narrative about internships and field experience
- Narrative about preparation for careers and graduate school
- Narrative about alumni
- TCNJ Magazine commemorates the School of Business 30th Anniversary, in 2011
Our mission is to:
- Educate students to become successful professionals and socially responsible citizens, ready to contribute to the demands of the evolving business environment. Deliver application-oriented business programs to the brightest New Jersey students that challenge these students to merge theory with practice and prepare them to assume positions of responsibility and leadership in a complex, technological, global, and multicultural world.
- Contribute to the expansion and application of basic business and economics knowledge through discipline-based research, contributions to practice, and learning/pedagogical research, consistent with the College’s teacher-scholar model.
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with businesses, alumni, professional groups, and local communities.
We believe in and are committed to an environment which encourages…
- A passion for excellence in teaching, student work, and scholarship.
- A passion for excellence in providing quality services to students.
- A commitment to honesty, integrity, and ethical behavior.
- Diversity as a source of learning and enrichment.
- Faculty teamwork, collegiality and joint scholarly endeavors.
- Active faculty governance.
- Faculty development through research, pedagogical development, and other endeavors.
- Student understanding of the global and integrated nature of business operations and planning.
- Active student engagement within and outside the classroom.
- Applications-based student assignments and experiences focused on developing critical business knowledge and skills.
- Entrepreneurial attitudes among our students, faculty, and staff which foster innovation, creativity, and continuous improvement.
The School of Business at TCNJ aspires to be a premier undergraduate business school, the first choice of students seeking a business education in NJ, and the first choice of employers seeking business graduates.