While most of our accounting graduates join public accounting firms upon graduation, they are also prepared for a variety of careers in accounting including Internal Auditing, Corporate Accounting, Governmental and Non-For-Profit Accounting, and Forensic Accounting. To achieve their career goals, accounting majors learn how to think critically and how to be effective in oral and written presentations. There are student chapters of the Institute of Management Accountants and the National Association of Black Accountants that sponsor career-planning and other co-curricular activities, and a chapter of Beta Alpha Psi.
Accounting & Information Systems Department contact info:
Department Secretary – Monique Clark; 609-771-2566; email@example.com
The Accounting Program at The College of New Jersey is organized on the premise of preparing the best accounting undergraduates in the nation. This is evidenced by:
- We were ranked #46 among undergraduate accounting programs in the country, in the 2011 Bloomberg Businessweek Survey.
- 50-75% of our students are recruited by public accounting firms.
- 90-95% of accounting interns receive job offers from their employers.
- Our graduates have consistently achieved high passing rates the first time they take the CPA exam. For example, in 2006, our students ranked number three and seven in the nation, respectively, on the auditing and regulation parts of the exam. In New Jersey, TCNJ graduates ranked number one in 2006 and 2007 (out of 23 colleges and universities) in the percentage of students passing all parts of the exam. In 2008, TCNJ ranked 5th nationally on the Financial Accounting & Reporting section of the exam (first time candidates with undergraduate degrees), and 1st among AACSB accredited institutions in New Jersey for percent of all parts passed by all candidates.
- Our graduates have been accepted into top national graduate schools such as Harvard Law School; top-tier MBA programs such as Duke; and doctoral programs in accounting at schools such as Rutgers and Temple.
If you are interested in getting more acquainted with the college or if you want a better look inside of The College of New Jersey, please visit our campus and let us help you acquire all the information you need. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail Dr. Sunita Ahlawat, Department Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Accounting Program Information for 2014-2015
PDF files require Acrobat Reader.